Shipboard Safety Skill Set
Paradigm Training Group (PTG) Shipboard Safety Skill Set is an exciting and interactive course developed to prepare individuals for developing safety skills while at sea.
This certificate is required when working on any commercial vessel. PTG offer this course via online delivery and a 1 day face-to-face practical day.
The allows individuals to work onboard domestic commercial vessels. This is a requirement by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA). The is an exciting and interactive course developed to prepare individuals to understand and implement safety procedures before, during and after an emergency situation.
02.1 Face-to-FaceThe face-to-face component of this course is delivered over an eight hour workshop. During the eight hours you will complete training with formative and summative assessment activities in the following environments:
• On board Paradigm Training Group vessels ranging from 5 to 18 Metres
• Fire fighting simulations
• Safety at sea drills in sheltered waters
You are welcome to attend more than one face-to-face workshop during the 12 month program if you would like extra learning or if the trainer and assessor has identified that you need extra time in order to gain competency. Extra workshops incur no further costs and are included in your original course fee/s.
02.2 OnlineOnline activities consist of:
• Reading learning materials
• Reviewing slideshows and videos
• Video, email, text and phone conversations with Trainers and Assessors
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided by PTG - Eye protection, gloves et cetera
03.2 Safety at Sea Training
• Sunscreen MUST be worn for “Safety at Sea” units.
03.3 Vessel Handling
If you are unable to demonstrate competency in any of your unit activities or during the one day face-to-face workshop, you will be invited to attend further workshops where you will be provided with support and further opportunities for practice and to demonstrate the required competencies.
• MAR10418 - Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal)
• MAR20318 - Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal)
• MAR20418 - Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal)
• MAR30818 - Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Near Coastal)
• MAR30918 - Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 Metres Near Coastal)
06.1 Credit Transfer
06.2 Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
|MARSS00008 Shipboard Safety Skill Set_2019|
MAKE IT HAPPEN, CAP'N
Why not come and Study With Us?
Have you heard the news? Paradigm Training Group is now conveniently located at Australia’s Greatest Boatyard, The Boat Works in Coomera, QLD.
At this location we have been blessed with have a large training room to which we host first aid, navigation workshops and general learning presentations. For mariners in training, you’ll have direct and clear access to the Broadwater and Seaway via our PTG vessels during practical workshops. In your lunch breaks, indulge in onsite delicious delights with super friendly service from Espresso Twenty5 and The Galley.
The Boat Works, that’s where we are at!
Student Learner Portal
Digital Work-based Learning
“aXcelerate has enabled PTG to deliver the latest innovations in education solutions by automating the enrolment, training and assessment processes.” – Rikky Burkett Director of PTG. This management system can be accessed via a portable electronic device (e.g. tablet, laptop, mobile phone) allowing our Trainers/ Assessors to easily assess students in real time. Our staff can record comments, video, photographs and practical observation results even when offline which is a huge advantage during our practical student workshops.